Coming up this Saturday, the Grand Rapids Danger will open up their second season in the ABA against their rivals to the south, Kalamazoo Cobras, in a battle on Top 20 teams that met in last year’s playoffs.
Kalamazoo sent the Danger home from the playoffs last year. This year, they’re stacked again and looking to dominate the US-131 corridor.
With players like Quay Wilson (LSSU) and TJ Buchanan (Rhode Island), it’s no wonder the Cobras are #8 in the nation in the ABA preseason rankings.
Here’s a look at their roster:
- Dominique Moore #28 SF Loy Norrix HS
- Donte Hudson #5 SG Kzoo Central
- Larry Logan #24 SF/PF Loy Norris HS
- Julian Logan #15 F Loy Norris HS
- Everett Jackson
- Dave Chengoue #12 F Kzoo Pure (2015)
- Quay Wilson #85 Lake Superior State
- TJ Buchanan #3 G Kalamazoo Central HS
- Tyler Bell #1 PG/SG Glen Oaks CC
- Ace Willhite #23 G
- Bam Willhite #33 G Eastern Illinois
- Corey Person #32 F NBA China
- Detavia Moore Albion College
- Rodney Lee Rucker Park, NY
- Richard Mason Chicago, IL
The season tips off at 6 p.m. Saturday at Kalamazoo Central HS. Tickets are available here for $10 and $13 and proceeds from ticket sales on Saturday will go to the Paw Paw Rocket Football program.
Find out more about the Kalamazoo Cobras on The 3-Point Turn podcast on Tuesday, November 1, 2016.